Vinicunca, Rainbow Mountain Peru or the mountain of seven colors is one of the prettiest and most amazing natural creations in the world. It is located in the district of Pitumarca, province of Canchis, Cusco region, at approximately 5200m in height.
This geological formation is found in the eastern central Peruvian Andes, specifically the Ausangate range, whose principal and highest peak is Apu Ausangate (6384m). Vinicunca therefore offers views of some truly extraordinary mountain landscapes.
Vinicunca 2 days/1 night package allows us admire the colonial art that is so well represented in the city of Cusco, as well the beautiful and mysterious Inca architecture. We can also take a look at one of the most stunning mountain ranges in the world, and Vinicunca itself, with its kaleidoscope of colors surrounded by the immense peaks of the Andes.
This package is designed for those wishing to experience something of the Inca culture, colonial art and the beauty of the natural environment in only two days. You will take a unique and authentic experience of the southern Cusco area and its people home with you.
Itinerary Rainbow Mountain Peru, Vinicunca Tour 2D/1N
Day 1: Cusco – Andahuaylillas – Huaro – Raqchi – Hacienda Checacupe (La casona)
The pickup will be at your hotel in Cusco in our transport, heading for the southern zone, where we will be able to admire colonial villages such as Saylla (known for its famous dish El Chicharron), Huasao (Village of the Andean Witches), Tipon (where they prepare roast Guinea Pig), Oropesa (famous for the famous Chuta bread) and the beautiful lake Huarcarpay, a protected area for migratory birds and other plants and animals.
The first stop will be the temple of San Pedro de Andahuaylillas, named “The Sistine Chapel of the Americas” for its marvelous murals and colonial paintings. After this visit, we will continue on to the temple of San Juan Bautista de Huaro, another of the more attractive places of worship that was declared a historical monument. After this guided tour we continue on our way until we get to Urcos with its tranquil lake.
We then continue our trip towards the community of Checacupe a typical Andean village and then on to one of the most important colonial mansions of the area, where we stop for a lunch break. We will also be able to see works of the local artisans, famous for their quality original cloths, who we can support by purchasing their work at a fair price.
Day 2: Hacienda Checacupe (La casona) – Vinicunca – Cusco
Today we have breakfast very early in the morning and board our transport for Vinicuna, the mountain of seven colors, the closest point being Chilca. From there we begin our 4 hour hike through beautiful landscapes and some extensive scrublands (Ichu), arriving at Machuraccay, very close to the mountain itself.
Once we arrive at Vinicunca, you will have time to take plenty of photos and videos, looking for all the best angles and views! We then stop for lunch and a short rest.
It is then time to head back as our transport will be waiting to take us to Cusco. Our services end here.
- Professional guide.
- Information briefing 1 day before the trip.
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Cusco and transport to Checacupe.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day.
- Breakfast and lunch on the second Day.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- One night in the Checacupe mansion.
- Transport to and from Cusco.
- Entrance tickets.
- Some foods are not included, such as breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last.
- TIPS for guides and cooks.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Backpack with different types of clothes needed for the whole trip.
- Waterproof walking shoes or boots.
- A small backpack for needed items during the day.
- Waterproof clothes, such as pants jacket or poncho for the rain (plastic ponchos can be bought in Cusco).
- Warm, comfortable, thick clothes, including a jacket especially for sleeping at night.
- Sleeping bag.
- Mattresses will be provided by the agency, which you will carry.
- Flashlight with batteries.
- Camera with batteries (batteries are used faster in cold conditions).
- Water bottle and water, purification tablets.
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun and cold.
- Sun cream.
- Moisturizing cream for face and body, after exposure to the sun.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks (cookies, energy bars, chocolate, dry fruit etc. We will provide snacks morning and night as the trip requires).
- Small towel.
- Bathing costume.
- Cash in Sols or Dollars.
- Optional, walking sticks.