Machu picchu Full Day Tour is designed for those who wish to visit one of the wonders of the world within a short time frame.
On July 7 2007 Machu picchu was named as one of the 7 wonders of the world by The New Open World Corporation. Machu Picchu’s Tour is one of the traditional tours in Cusco
Although it was always considered one of the wonders of South America and with a constant flow of tourists, we have benefitted greatly by this declaration, now with ever more tourists visiting every year.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is the gateway to the historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu, The main transport used is the Train, and the closest station to Machu Picchu is the Ollantaytambo station in the Sacred Valley.
The Machu picchu is a one day tour offering everything you need to enjoy a wonderful day full of memories, of this dramatic land where the Inca civilization once flourished.
Machu picchu Full Day Tour Itinerary
Tour: Full Day
Departures: Every Day
Tour Duration: Full Day
Departure Time: 5:30
Arrival Time: 22:30
The Best Time to Visit: Visit all year round.
We pick you up very early in the morning from your hotel and board our transport, taking us to Ollantaytambo train station, a trip of around 2 hours.
We then take a train to Aguas Calientes, where our staff will be waiting for you, and then by bus to the entrance of the Inca city of Machu picchu itself.
After We will then have a two hour guide tour of the main sacred and ceremonial sites where you will be able to see the place in all its grandness.
After the tour you will have time to take a look around on your own.
In the afternoon you will have to be at the station in Aguas Calientes 30 minutes before the train leaves, so that we can head back to Ollantaytambo where we will be waiting for you with transport back to Cusco.
Our services end here.
- Transport and train from accommodation in Cusco to Aguas Calientes.
- Return train tickets Poroy/Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Return bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee to the ruins.
- Professional bilingual guide (English-Spanish).
- TIP for your guide.
What to Bring
- A Day Pack.
- Good Shoes.
- A Rain Jacket or a Poncho.
- Water Bottle.
- Hat or Cap to protect you from the sun or the cold.
- Sun Block.
- Insect Repellent.
- Swimsuit (if you decide to stay the night in Aguas Calientes you can visit the hot springs).
- Original passport (and old passport if applicable) and ISIC Card (if you have one).
- Photocopies are not acceptable. If you change your passport after booking the train tour you must send us details of your new passport immediately, and you must bring both your new passport and old passport with you on the tour.