Choquequirao Trek 5 Days is a package designed for tourists that wish to have more time to visit the beautiful Inca city of Choquequirao and discover at a more relaxed pace one of the last residences of the Inca. This marvel of history is not only famous for its Inca constructions but is also complemented by natural beauty in perfect harmony.
The walk from Cachora to Choquequirao has a distance of 30 kilometers approximately, During these 5 days of walking, we will enjoy impressive landscapes. Our groups are small, for this reason our service is personalized.
Just like Cusco, the ancient capital of the Inca and other Andean communities, Choquequirao is organized into two halves, or neighborhoods: the upper, or Hanan and the lower, or Hurin.
The upper unites various buildings related to religion, temples and fountains grouped around a plaza, great terraces irrigated by a series of channels, and deposits (or collcas) to store the products used to supply the local population. Half of the lower area accommodates great buildings, very well preserved, built around a wide open space.
Day 1: Cusco – Cachora – Chiquisca – Santa Rosa
Our adventure toward the last refuge of the Inca begins. Our team will pick you up from your hotel, where we then board a bus that takes us from Cusco, through beautiful Andean landscapes to the village of Cachora where we will begin our trek.
We will take a look from the viewing point at Capuliyoc where will have a magnificent view of the Apurimac Canyon then we continue our walk to Chiquisca,
Choquequirao Trail continues to Playa Rosalina and from there we begin our ascent to Santa Rosa, place of our first encampment.
Day 2: Santa Rosa – Marampata – Choquequirao Camp
We begin our day with a good breakfast and then start our trek, ascending along beautiful footpaths until we arrive at Marampata where we’ll have our lunch, then we’ll rest 1 hour, afterwards we continued our trek, walking for 2 hours until the Choquequirao camp
Day 3: Choquequirao Full Day
After a hearty breakfast we have a full day to look around Choquequirao and experience its marvels, with a guided tour of the main attractions. You will then have time to explore on your own. After our tour we return to our camp where we spend the night.
Day 4: Choquequirao – Playa Rosalina – Chiquisqa
After breakfast, we will leave this beautiful place and begin making our way back, descending to Playa Rosalina to stop for lunch and take a short rest, getting ready to continue again to Chisquisca, where we will take a short break to enjoy the Cambrai, a drink made from cane sugar. The place of our last camp.
Day 5: Chiquisqa – Capuliyoc – Cachora – Cusco
After our last breakfast we will begin our hike and ascend to Capuliyoc, where we will have asplendid view of the snowcapped peak Padreyoc. After 2 hours walking we will get to Cachora village where we say goodbye to our horsemen and their services. From there we will board our transport, heading back to Cusco where our services end.
- Pick-up at hotel.
- Transportation from Cusco to Cachora. (4 hrs).
- Professional bilingual guide .
- Meals throughout the trip (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners).
- Camping Gear.
- Accommodation for our guide, cook and horseman
- First aid kit.
- Mules to carry the camping gear and your belonging.
- Horseman (for one to three mules)
- Specialized cook.
- Transportation from Cachora to Cusco.
- Lunch and Dinner on the last day.
- Authorized entrances for the archaeological park of Choquequirao.
- Sleeping bag.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Walking shoes.
- Warm clothing.
- Waterproof jacket or poncho for the rain.
- Plastic bags for your used clothes.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at Choquequirao Travel)
- Flashlight with batteries, pocket knife, matches.
- Water bottle, preferably made of metal that can withstand heat.
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun and cold.
- High factor sun cream and insect repellant.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks (cookies, energy bars, chocolate)
- Tips for horsemen, guides and cooks (see note below).
- Personal first aid kit.